Saturday, April 21, 2012

Visual Aids


One of my favorite things about my future career(s) is making visual aids. I can't believe I am so lucky that I get to make music for my job and my hobby AND use my arts and crafts knowledge! For music therapy, we are constantly making visual representations of music symbol substitutes (i.e. colors for different chords), movements, word choices, file folder applications/games for children, etc. For music education--especially general-- we are constantly finding new ways to represent music concepts in fun, engaging ways that make sense to a variety of learners. For those that teach private lessons, we find ways to challenge our students with flashcards, time tests, velcro rhythm boards, and lesson schedules. I go though a ridiculous amount of office supplies (especially laminating paper) but love having extra tools to help my students/clients learn <3

No comments:

Post a Comment